The Enterprising Beginning.....

Welcome to the Waste not, Want knot project. The goal is to turn textile waste into desirable objects that people want. Its a combination of all those things our grandparents told us; waste not, want not, combined with modern day landfill avoidance, reduce, reuse, recycle, and a need to liberate a great collection of fabrics and trims amassed over a few years from the back of my wardrobe, under my bed, in the roof space etc.... I have a design degree and an addiction to textile arts and crafts, lets see where it leads....


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Far Out February!



Oh Dear its been a month since I last blogged, not I sign I have been idle, more that I have been so busy making new things that I haven't stopped to blog! IN the lead up to valentines day I was busy inventing Zippitydoodah valentines( check out my zippity blog) and making lots of red rose zippities.  I have also made a few little pixie purses, these are little toadstool purses made from Laura Ashely fabric book pages and unloved odd buttons! I think they are pretty cute. I have also extended the range of daisychains ( photos soon I promise!) Also added  to the collection are Humpty Dumpty egg cosies. Yes little cosies to keep your soft boiled eggs warm while you make your toast soldiers! I think they would make a nice addition to a breakfast tray or just to brighten up anyones day. I've made them out of felt leftovers and vintage white linen, ribbon from the ribbon box and of course embroidered faces using floss from the collection. There are numerous other new waste not want Know creations too, just waiting for photos, won't be long promise! I've been getting a little more organised and have started documenting and saving all the patterns I develop with the thought of making a book for all those people who love to make things but need a book/pattern to get them started, and of course something to sell to those people that say " oh I could make that"... he he

No comments:

Post a Comment