The Enterprising Beginning.....

Welcome to the Waste not, Want knot project. The goal is to turn textile waste into desirable objects that people want. Its a combination of all those things our grandparents told us; waste not, want not, combined with modern day landfill avoidance, reduce, reuse, recycle, and a need to liberate a great collection of fabrics and trims amassed over a few years from the back of my wardrobe, under my bed, in the roof space etc.... I have a design degree and an addiction to textile arts and crafts, lets see where it leads....


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Its a zippity DooDah day!

I have been busy with Zippity Do Dah requests. In case you aren't aware Zippity DooDahs are flowers created from old zips. I sent a collection in with Jason to work so he could photograph them beautifully for me ( one of the advantages to having our own photostudio!) and he stayed late and then forgot to bring the Disc home for me. So no new photos yet but hopefully tonight or tomorrow.  I've also been playing around with some patterns for Aprons, hoping to use up some pieces of cotton fabrics from the collection. Not much to show yet as the patterns were a little more fiddler than I had anticipated. The challenge is t make the design/pattern so the pieces are  going to fit on the size of the fabric pieces I have squirrelled away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment