The Enterprising Beginning.....

Welcome to the Waste not, Want knot project. The goal is to turn textile waste into desirable objects that people want. Its a combination of all those things our grandparents told us; waste not, want not, combined with modern day landfill avoidance, reduce, reuse, recycle, and a need to liberate a great collection of fabrics and trims amassed over a few years from the back of my wardrobe, under my bed, in the roof space etc.... I have a design degree and an addiction to textile arts and crafts, lets see where it leads....


Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Night, almost bedtime...

What a busy weekend! Saturday was crafternoon tea craft market. A steady day, I met some new crafters and said hello to some now familiar faces. The Morepork/Owl doorstops were a hit! I also spent Friday making some earrings from the zip sliders that are left over from when I make ZippityDooDah's, and they were well received with a few customers buying the zippitydoodah brooch and then the matching earrings which made me giggle, perhaps I'll have to start saying "would you like earrings with that.."  Today was spent making my 12 year old daughter a dress to wear to her school social dinner and dance tomorrow night. I really struggled with what to make as she is only 12 and I didn't want to dress her as older than she is. Finally decided on a dress design and made it up today in lovely green silk that I got from the Trelise Cooper fabric store sale, and managed to find a zip in the right colour and length from my collection of zippers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment