The Enterprising Beginning.....

Welcome to the Waste not, Want knot project. The goal is to turn textile waste into desirable objects that people want. Its a combination of all those things our grandparents told us; waste not, want not, combined with modern day landfill avoidance, reduce, reuse, recycle, and a need to liberate a great collection of fabrics and trims amassed over a few years from the back of my wardrobe, under my bed, in the roof space etc.... I have a design degree and an addiction to textile arts and crafts, lets see where it leads....


Sunday, December 6, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Start of  a new week and I have a table at Crafternoon tea this weekend, so I'm motivated to get a few more things finished before then. Last week was very productive and I found a use for a collection of Laura Ashley Upholstery fabric samples that I had been hoarding. Inspiration hit and I created Morepork (owl) Butlers. What is a morepork butler? Its a native NZ owl themed doorstop.The idea being that a butler will hold a door open for you :-) Once I had worked out the pattern they were quite easy to make and best of all I managed to use up a lot of the brown fabrics that I was not terribly inspired by With there being a bit of a fashion for all things bird themed I'm hoping they will be popular at the craft fair!

Speaking of brown fabric I also had a length of brown suede type fabric that had been languishing, and with Christmas just around the corner I decided to make some Chris (tina) Mouse (s). these are little soft toy mice wearing little green sequinned A line dresses( looks like a Christmas tree) that I embellished with fancy buttons that I had hoarded. Fantastic as I utilised the leftover sequin fabric from a Mermaid costume I had made and buttons that were left over but too nice to throw away.
Photo to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment