The Enterprising Beginning.....

Welcome to the Waste not, Want knot project. The goal is to turn textile waste into desirable objects that people want. Its a combination of all those things our grandparents told us; waste not, want not, combined with modern day landfill avoidance, reduce, reuse, recycle, and a need to liberate a great collection of fabrics and trims amassed over a few years from the back of my wardrobe, under my bed, in the roof space etc.... I have a design degree and an addiction to textile arts and crafts, lets see where it leads....


Monday, December 21, 2009

VIP's (vintage inspired Pinnies) and more!






Another busy week has flown by, its hard to believe Christmas is THIS Friday! Yesterday was Christmas KraftBomb market. The busiest yet! I had a very successful day, the morepork butlers again where a huge hit and I sold out, and then had requests for more next month please! I also debuted the vintage inspired pinnies(aprons) or VIP's as I like to call them. I had a lot of interest and sold a couple! Like with all things I find it really hard to decide on a price, at the moment working it out by cost of materials and time involved, but Jason has suggested I should put my hourly rate up a little, hmm hard to know.  The zippity doodahs were  popular for Christmas gifts so now I need to find some time to replenish the stock for the next craftmarket and for on felt.co.nz. Plans for this week; tidying up the chaos from last weeks crafty explosion and getting ready to tackle some new VIP's as I find the time over the Christmas break, and of course inventing new zippity doodahs!

No comments:

Post a Comment